Michael Weatherly is a popular American actor, producer, director, and musician, known for playing Anthony DiNozzo in NCIS and Dr. Jason Bull in Bull. But did he really have a heart attack in real life? Here are some facts you need to know.
Michael Weatherly’s On-Screen Heart Attack
– In the season 2 finale of Bull, which aired on May 15, 2018, Weatherly’s character Dr. Jason Bull suffered a heart attack on the courthouse steps after winning a tough case.
– The heart attack was a shocker for the fans and a wake-up call for the actor himself, who decided to lose some weight and improve his health during the show’s hiatus.
– In the season 3 premiere of Bull, which aired on September 24, 2018, Weatherly’s character returned to work after taking a three-month break and having a new outlook on life.
Michael Weatherly’s Real-Life Health Update
- No, Michael Weatherly did not have a heart attack in real life. The actor is alive and well as of January 2023.
- However, Weatherly did struggle with some unhealthy habits and weight gain in the past. He admitted that he used to eat pizza and Chinese food during late working shifts and avoided exercise.
- In 2014, Weatherly decided to change his lifestyle and lost 35 pounds with the help of his trainer Juliet Kaska. He also gave up most carbs and alcohol and started cross-training with swimming and boxing.
- Weatherly even participated in a triathlon in Malibu in September 2014 and was proud to fit in a season 1 jacket of NCIS after 12 years.
FAQ: The Ultimate Guide to Your Questions
Q: What is Bull about?
A: Bull is a legal drama series based on Dr. Phil McGraw’s early career as a trial consultant. It follows Dr. Jason Bull (Michael Weatherly) and his team of experts as they help their clients win cases using psychology and technology.
Q: When did Bull start and end?
A: Bull premiered on CBS on September 20, 2016 and ended on May 18, 2022 after six seasons and 120 episodes.
Q: Is Michael Weatherly married?
A: Yes, Michael Weatherly is married to Bojana Jankovic, a Serbian-Canadian physician. They tied the knot in September 2009 and have two children together: Olivia (born in April 2012) and Liam (born in October 2013). Weatherly also has a son named August (born in January 1996) from his previous marriage to Amelia Heinle.